September 11, 2022
How to Clean Hair Out of Your Drains
Most of our drains are constantly clogged by hair. Chances are if you are reading this article, you also have a clogged drain that you would like to take action on. Well, throughout this article, we will look through how you can try cleaning hair from your drains, the services of qualified plumbers, and how Beall Contracting is here to help. Well, let’s get going!
Ways You Can Try Cleaning Hair From Your Drains
Before going to professional plumbing services, you can try to fix it yourself. However, if you don’t want to, go ahead and skip this section of this article. If you do want to know, let’s look at some ways to clean it before a plumbing service:
- First, wear your gloves. Then get a cotton bud and remove the drain guard. Put it in the drain and try to clean the hair with the bud. Part by part, you should have cleared most of the drain, if it's too deep then let’s go to the next steps.
- If that method didn’t work, then it may be time to use chemicals. When using chemicals, find a product that targets hair and follow its directions. Finally, you should have a clear drain.
- Before grabbing any chemicals, you may want to make your secret solution to clean your drains. This secret solution is baking soda and vinegar. First, put a little washing-up liquid in the drain. Then, put some water in it until you realize that there are some bubbles. After that, you can put in some vinegar and baking soda. The more hair you think you have, the more you can put on. At last, rinse.
Ways Professional Services Clean Hair From Drains
There are some cases where you may not be able to unclog your drain despite the methods above. In these cases, we need the help of professional services. With these services, not a single hair will be there to clog your drains. What are these services? Let’s explore.
- Most plumbing services use drain cameras to detect the problem. After detecting how deep the clog is and where plumbers take action. So, this device is the eye that allows them to see.
- The grade snake machine. This device is an auger that has a hook at its end. It rotates its way down and loosens the clog. After going deep, it uses its hook to pull all of the hair causing the clog.
- The second and last cleaning method is using a hydro jet. From its name, it can give a clue to most people. Hydro Jetter sends powerful water that cleans everything you can think of down your drain.
The Experts, Beall Contracting
Hair in drains is the enemy of many people. That’s why at Beall Contracting we provide services that are affordable and safe. With our 24-hour emergency services, our drain cleaning system will be there for you anytime in the day. Call us today to learn more about us and our services.