October 05, 2021
Should I Get Wood Laminate Flooring
Laminate flooring is an option of flooring that isn’t real hardwood, but it has the same exact look. This kind of flooring was created decades ago – people wanted that hardwood floor look without the necessary maintenance of hardwood floors. If you ask the team of handyman at Beall Contracting, laminate flooring is one of the most popular flooring types people use in their homes today. When someone schedules a floor installation with us, it’s usually wood laminate floor installation they want!
While laminate flooring is a popular, durable, and more affordable option, there are some downsides to it that the Beall Contracting team wants you to consider before making your final decision. If you’re wondering if you should get laminate floors in your home and you want to know the pros and cons of it, make sure to keep reading!
Should I Get Laminate Flooring in My Home?
Like anything in your home, wood laminate floor installation is a common service we provide and there are some perks to it, and there are some negatives to it. Let’s discuss those now…
- Affordable: One of the biggest advantages of laminate flooring is its price. Installing real hardwood floors can be expensive and you will need to maintenance them more often, while laminate flooring has a lower price point, it gives off the same look and feel, and it doesn’t need to be regularly maintained.
- Easy to install: If you’re looking for wood laminate floor installation, we got you covered! Laminate flooring is easy to install for the Beall Contracting team. They easily snap together and there is no need for nails!
- Durable: Laminate flooring is very durable and long-lasting. It’s very resistant to scratch, fading, and staining and can typically last up to 25 years before needing to be replaced.
- Low maintenance: To keep laminate flooring in good shape, it doesn’t take much. They are easy to clean, and they don’t require touch-ups, re-staining, or poly.
- Not real hardwood: While this is rather obvious, laminate is a fake appearance of hardwood flooring. It still adds value to your home, but not as much value as real hardwood flooring would add.
- Susceptible to water damage: Laminate flooring is fairly durable, but it is susceptible to water damage. It’s not the top choice to use in bathrooms or the kitchen, but if you’re quick to clean up any spills or water on your floors, you shouldn’t run into any issues.
- No Refinishing: With real hardwood floors, you can refinish them and change the color if you’d like. With laminate flooring, you don’t have that flexibility. Laminate flooring comes in the shade or tone you choose, and you aren’t able to sand it down and change it.
- Not Eco-Friendly: Laminate flooring contains chemicals like formaldehyde which doesn’t allow it to break down in landfills, making it not very eco-friendly.
Are you looking for a skilled handyman in Wexford, PA to provide you with wood laminate floor installation? Are you looking to get laminate flooring installed but you want to make sure it’s the right choice first? Do you need a handyman to help pick out and install your laminate flooring? Give Beall Contracting a call today!