October 12, 2021
Signs to Get New Siding
When looking at any home, the siding is the first thing you notice – always. Meaning, it’s one of the most important features of the exterior of your home, and one thing that should always be in (close to perfect) shape. Some homeowners don’t put new siding at the top of their priority or to-do list, but Beall Contracting is here to tell you why it should be.
When it comes to siding replacement or siding repair, you can always count on the skilled handyman at Beall Contracting. We know how important to curb appeal of your home is, which is why we recommend you do put siding replacement at the top of your priority list. The siding of your home can really date your home – especially if it’s older. If you live in an area that experiences harsh weather conditions, that can also cause a lot of wear and tear on your siding and create the issue of mold or mildew growth. This is something you don’t want, so if your siding is looking old and dingy, it’s time for new siding.
Not sure if your home is due for new siding? Here are some things you should look for that will tell you if it’s time for siding replacement or siding repair…
5 Signs Your Home Needs New Siding
- Cracked or damaged: This is the most common need for siding replacement, but one that we like we need to point out. Cracks or damage in the siding of your home doesn’t just create an eyesore, it can cause much more serious damage. If your siding is cracked or damaged, outside elements such as rain, snow, or even animals can get. It’s pretty obvious that you don’t want that happening.
- Rotting: Rotting is another common sign you’ll see when it’s time for siding repair or replacement. When your siding is rotting, you may not notice any holes or damage, meaning you might think you don’t need it. But just like inside your home, rot is the enemy of the structure of your home.
- Blistering: If you notice any bubbles or blisters on the siding of your home, you need siding replacement. This means that the soundness and strength of your siding are deteriorating, and water has gotten inside your siding.
- Mold and mildew: Two things you don’t want to form on your house are mold and mildew. If you notice any of these things growing on your siding, it’s time for a replacement. This also means water is getting on the inside of your siding.
- Fading: Your siding is constantly in the sun, so naturally, it will fade. If your siding is very faded, it’s time to replace it. New siding will freshen up your home and add back that curb appeal it needs.
Is it finally time for siding replacement? Did you notice some minor damage in your siding and you need siding repair? Are you looking for a team of handyman to provide you with siding replacement or siding repair? The team at Beall Contracting is here to help! Call us anytime to learn more.