July 10, 2022
Why You Need a Sump Pump?
If you are living in an area that receives lots of rain during the year, you most likely have heard about sump pumps. A sump pump is a device that is designed to guard your property against any type of water damage and the harm it brings. If it is installed in the right manner, it can save you from expensive repairs and foundational damage to your house. Therefore, it is a very smart investment for your house. In this article, we will go over the benefits of sump pumps and why you need them.
How To Know If You Need a Sump Pump?
It is important for you to know your surroundings and environment if you are thinking about installing a sump pump. Under certain situations, it would be wise to hire a professional for sump pump installation. Some of these situations are:
- You live in an area that receives heavy rain or snow annually. Therefore, if you are living in a Northern area, most likely you will need a sump pump more than in other regions.
- Your house is prone to floods because the area you live in has a poorly maintained drainage system and geographically is located in a lowland with hills around it.
- You know what a pain dealing with water damage is because you have experienced it many times before.
There Are Many Benefits Of Installing A Sump Pump
- They prevent floods caused by rain
- They protect from the sewage backups
- They add to your home value since they are good investments
- They decrease the amount of humidity in the home, especially in the basement
- They prevent the basement from flooding
- They lower the heating bills since they provide a drainage system
- They prevent the mold from growing
- They help you avoid insects
If You Install A Sump Pump, You Will See Improvements In The Following Issues Additionally
- Insect or termite infestation
- Huge bills
- Fire Risks
How Do They Function?
At the lowest point of the space you have, a pit is dug, and the sump pump is installed there. The pit gives the sump pump its name. Any water that enters this region will flow into the sump. Depending on the type, the sump pump can then be positioned either directly in the sump or above it. The pump will begin to operate when the amount of water in the pit reaches a certain level. This way, if there’s excessive water or flooding in the area, the pump will remove the water to a separate area. This will stop water from causing permanent damage to your foundation and walls.
Sump Pump Types
Sump pumps come in a few different types, the most common ones being pedestal pumps, submersible pumps, battery backup systems, and water backup systems.
Reliable Plumbing Services
Sump pump installation is a delicate and difficult procedure. Because of this, leaving the job to professional plumbers of Beall Contracting would be the best option. Our professionals will inform you on how to select the pump that is the most suitable for your needs and will also install them. If you need information on how to select a sump pump and need help with the installation, call Beall Contracting to schedule an appointment.